- Your presentation will be submitted as a weblink that you have created from building a Screencast-o-matic (SOM) of a slide presentation. Instructions for creating and uploading your presentation for SOM are below.
- Your SOM presentation must contain 12 – 20 slides and be no longer than 15 minutes in length.
- There must be a visual element (photos. videos).
- There must be a narrative component (audio or written narration).
- You will submit this presentation to your classmates to review and discuss as a part of the Week Eight Forum.
Depending on the type of organism you have chosen you will address different sets of questions. Please see the category that responds to your selection.
The Etowah Darter fish
I. Organism Introduction: your presentation must contain:
a. The common and scientific names of your organism
b. Where you observed your organism (e.g. country, state, park, zoo).
c. A discussion on why you selected this organism
d. If possible, a picture of you observing your organism safely in the field.
II. Foraging Ecology: your presentation must address how your animal obtains its food. For example: the types of foods, the amount of food, the temporal pattern of feeding and specific handling or processing of food items by the organism (e.g. the way a squirrel manipulates an acorn).
III. Reproductive Ecology: your presentation must address how your animal reproduces. Include a discussion on the specific reproductive strategies (e.g. release of gametes by a fish or hermaphroditic reproduction in earthworms), mate choice, mating displays, mate competition and mating systems.
IV. Habitat: your presentation must discuss where your organism lives. This does not refer to a city or state; rather it is the natural environment in which your organism lives. Some factors to consider when discussing habitat include abiotic factors like soil or water as well as biotic factors like predators, prey or hosts.
V. Other Behaviors: your presentation must discuss other interesting behaviors of your organism. For example light sensitivity, tactile sensitivity, parental care, group formation, kin helpers, defenses, territoriality and cooperation.
- SOM creation and uploading directions
- Assignment 5 Presentation Tips and Guidelines
- Sample Presentation
“Place this order or a similar order with Oline ProWriters and get an amazing discount”