September 2023 Business Finance Assignment
THIS IS 3 SEPARATE ASSIGNMENTS. PLEASE DO NOT COMBINE THEM!!!
Gonzalez-Padron (2015) wrote,
Ethical dilemmas occur when a situation requires an individual to choose among alternatives that create a values conflict among stakeholders. In these situations, a conflict develops between the personal moral philosophy of the employees and the organization’s goals or culture. (Introduction, para. 4)
Organizations are always at risk for ethical dilemmas of some kind. Without revealing names of specific individuals, explain how an organization similar to the one you currently work in, or an organization that you may be aware of, is at risk for ethical dilemmas. Why is this? What other fields are at risk?
From a managerial ethics perspective and considering some of the areas that were brought up in Week Two, Discussion 1, consider the following statement by Hagel (2015):
The demand for greater transparency from consumers and stakeholders across the world has pushed the areas of ethics and compliance up the corporate list of priorities in recent years. In addition, the risk to reputation and potential damage that can be done if evidence of unethical practice is discovered have increased significantly with the advent of social media.(para. 2)
In addition, consider the legislation that was brought up in Chapter 4 of the textbook.
Your organization (you can represent any organization, McDonalds, Starbucks, ESPN, etc.) has asked you to create a training presentation on ethics and compliance to be presented next week. Referencing the Hagel article, the Gonzales-Padron textbook, and at least two other journal articles, present an outline for your training as a response to this thread.
This assignment is a PowerPoint presentation.
Please note your PowerPoint presentation needs to have two separate parts.
- First, you will examine the Federal Sentencing Guidelines for Organizations (FSGO), the Sarbanes – Oxley Act (SOX), and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). In your presentation, explain the events that led to each of these regulatory measures and illustrate the impact these laws have had on business ethics. Be sure to include examples in your presentation to support your points.
- For the second part of the assignment please go to the Ashford University Library and select an article or case study that highlights how one or more of these regulatory measures have affected business ethics in an organization. In the second part of your ppt.., explain how the legislation affected the organization as well as how the legislation is intended to reform corporate abuse.
To prepare for this assignment, access and view the following tutorials: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/training-courses-for-powerpoint-2010-HA104039040.aspx and A PowerPoint Tutorial – The Essentials.
- Must be 15 to 20 slides in length (not including the title slide and references slide) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the FSB APA guidance located in the classroom.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the FSB APA guidance located in the classroom.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the FSB APA guidance located in the classroom.