September 2023 Business Finance Assignment
Michael Dell began building and selling computers from his dorm room at age 19. He dropped out of the University of Texas when his sales hit $60 million and has never looked back. Dell is said to be the fifteenth richest man in America, and the youngest CEO to make the Fortune 500. Intensely private and notoriously shy, Dell is hailed as a corporate wonder-kid. He climbed to the top by exploiting tax loopholes, outsourcing the competition, and inventing a term called “leveraged recapitalization.”
First, review the following case study:
Then, in a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with detailed speaker notes, address the following tasks:
- Analyze Dell’s philosophy as it relates to the role of change in organizational success.
- Determine how Dell’s philosophy would be perceived in a low performing culture.
- Identify which performing culture best suits your philosophy regarding change management and provide your rationale.
- Consider the way Dell started his company; determine what market conditions made the business possible.
- Discuss Dell’s approach to building his brand.
- Use the speaker notes feature of MS PowerPoint to provide the essential details.
- Use at least two scholarly sources (in addition to your textbook) to complete your research.
- Cite your sources using in-text citations with full references on a References slide at the end. Apply APA standards to the citation of sources.
- Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship through accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Dell Computers. (2002). Michael Dell—The man behind Dell: Leading Dell into the future. IBS Center for Management Research. Retrieved from: http://www.icmrindia.org/free%20resources/casestudies/Leadership%20and%