September 2023 Business Finance Assignment
HR STRATEGIC PLANNING & TRAINING
The competitive organizational strategy of an organization as a whole becomes the basis for human resource strategic planning. Human resource planning can be described as the process of analyzing and identifying the need for human resources to meet an organization’s mission. At the core of human resource strategic planning is the knowledge gained from scanning the external and internal environments for changes that will impact staffing and recruitment initiatives. When scanning the external environment, human resource professionals evaluate political influences (e.g., government regulation of HR activities such as being in compliance with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or Wagner Act), study economic conditions (e.g., recessions or booms), and analyze societal trends (e.g., millennials entering the workforce). Internally, the reputation of an organization for how employees are treated and the organization’s overall culture are determining factors for many potential employees who are seeking employment. Thus, human resource professionals are tasked with making sure that the organization is attractive to all potential employees.
Please begin by reading:
US Office of Personnel Management. (N.D.). Strategic human resources management: Aligning with the mission. Retrieved September 13, 2014 from http://www.opm.gov/studies/alignnet.pdf
Workinfo.com. (2010). A guide to strategic human resource planning. Retrieved September 13, 2014 from http://www.workinfo.com/free/downloads/176.htm
Our documents: The National Labor Relations Act (The Wagner Act). (N.D.). Retrieved on September 13, 2014 from http://docs.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/odnlra.html
Then, drawing on the material in the background readings and doing additional research, please prepare a 4-5 page paper (not including the cover and reference pages) in which you:
- Develop a strategy for human resource planning for your current place of employment (e.g., will there be a partnership with unions).
- Evaluate the short term and long term implications of internal and external scanning.
- Discuss the changes you would implement as a human resource professional to your current place of employment to make the organization more attractive for potential employees.
- What trainings could you provide?
- Discuss the importance of using performance improvement programs/plans.
Your paper will be evaluated on the following points:
- Precision – Does the paper address the question(s) or task(s)?
- Clarity – Is the writing clear and the concepts articulated properly? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of response to the questions, or are excessive use of quotations how thoughts are conveyed? Are headings included in all papers greater than 2 pages?
- Breadth – Is the full breadth of the subject addressed?
- Depth – Does the paper address the topic in sufficient depth?
- Grammar, spelling and vocabulary – Is the paper written well – is the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary suitable to graduate level work?
- Referencing (citations and references) – Does the paper use citations and quotation marks when appropriate?
- Critical thinking – Is the subject thought about critically, i.e., accurately, logically, relevantly, and precisely?