September 2023 Business Finance Assignment
Assignment 2: Responding to Technology Discussion
To those who transported goods with arms and legs, the wheel appeared to be high technology at one point in time. Today, technology is all around us—and we need to learn how to use the new technologies in ways that make our tasks easier. For this class, we will focus on digital information technologies we use for school and daily life.
Considering how different people use and respond to technology, answer the following questions:
- Describe how you use information in your daily life. Specifically, how do you use technology in your communications, whether at work, home, or school?
- How has the World Wide Web and accompanying technologies (cell phones, e-mail, social media, etc.) changed the way society works with, handles, and interprets information?
- Does computer ownership affect your ability to communicate?
Consider the following when answering:
- What is an operating system? What operating system is on your computer? (To answer this question, search for “operating systems” on the Internet. Based on the information that is displayed on the screen, identify which operating system is on your computer.)
- What is RAM? How much RAM do you have on your computer? (To answer this question, search for “system properties” within your computer system; this will tell you how much RAM you have in your system.) Can you update your RAM on the computer you have? (To find out this information, you can do either of the following:
- Visit the website of the company that made your computer and search for this information.
- Call a local store that sells computers and tell the executives there that you want to upgrade your RAM and you want to know if it is possible with the computer system you have.)
- What is software? What software packages do you have on your computer that will help you with college? (To find out about this, you can call a local store that sells computers and ask them to assist you in finding this answer. You can also look at the “Programs” or “All Programs” folder on your computer and list out the programs you have.)
You will need to do research outside of this course to justify, support, and expand on your response. Since we do not cover APA format until Module 2, you do not need to use any specific citation format, but you must identify where you found any information you use in your response. Use any format or style you wish for your citations.
Your initial response should be at least 150 words. Post two follow-ups by responding to other students. Each of your follow-up responses should be at least 50 words.
By Week 1, Day 3, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Week 1, Day 7, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.