September 2023 Business Finance Assignment
2. Introduction, Literature Review, Model, & partial Data: (Due Tuesday, February 27th) Turn in a draft of the paper (less than 4 pages, excluding tables and references) that includes the Introduction, Literature Review, and Model sections, as well as a partial Data section. Include an updated version of Table A1 and add Tables 1 and 2.
• Introduction: The introduction should briefly provide background on the topic, introduce the research question and why it is interesting, and preview the rest of the paper. Much of this can be derived from your research proposal. Note that you will eventually update the introduction after you complete the full project.
• Literature Review: A literature review is not an annotated bibliography. A well-written literature review compares and contrasts the relevant papers and relates them to the current study. Your research must reference at least 5 relevant peer-reviewed journal articles.
• Model: Discussion of the empirical model should include (a) the regression equation, (b) justification for the functional form and choice of independent variables, and (c) clear, testable hypotheses for coefficient estimates supported by relevant economic theory. Create Table 1 summarizing your econometric model and predicted coefficient estimates for key independent and some control variables, as illustrated in the example packet.
• Partial Data: This section should briefly describe the data source(s) and present summary statistics in Table 2. See table examples in research paper packet. Basic summary statistics should include: sample size, mean, standard deviation, minimum, 25th percentile, median, 75th percentile, and maximum.
• Submit an electronic copy of the STATA code used to generate the summary statistics.( these are you should do)