Nterdisciplinary Perspectives In Healthcare
- Choose one of the following topics and find a scholarly article in the Library that deals with the topic in the context of an interdisciplinary approach to health care.
- Post an explanation of how you think an interdisciplinary approach can influence or is influenced by the factor you have selected. You should consider both positive and negative effects. Be sure to include the citation of the article in your posting. 300-400 WORDS
- Reimbursement: Adetoun Topic
- Economies of scale
- Pay for performance
- Patient satisfaction: FUNKE topic
- Team learning·learning from each other
Freshman, B., Rubino, L., & Reid Chassiakos, Y. (Eds.). (2010). Collaboration across disciplines in health care. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning.
Chapter 4, “Fostering Interdisciplinary Collaboration in Healthcare Organizations” (pp. 77-84, from “Case Studies” to the “Conclusion”)
Exemplary case studies of interdisciplinary collaboration at a California hospital are recounted. Although each addresses a different issue, the experience at this institution demonstrates the effectiveness and utility of an interdisciplinary approach.
Chapter 5, “Doctors Are From Mars, Patients Are From Venus”
This chapter focuses on the history and nature of the traditional doctor-patient relationship and how it is evolving into a collaborative one. Specific responsibilities and skills required of both doctor and patient in creating and supporting a successful collaboration are discussed.