Use the following sources on alternative fuels to get started:
- Source: U.S. Department of Energy. (2012) Fuel economy. Retrieved fromhttp://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/current.shtml
- Source: U.S. Department of Energy. (2012) Alternative fuels data center.Retrieved from http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/
Use your research to complete the following three components to this unit’s discussion:
- Conduct research on at least three alternative fuels or alternative vehicles (i.e., propane fuel, hydrogen fuel, or hybrid vehicles) and post your findings, including the pros and cons of each fuel or vehicle type.
- During the unit, you should interact with your classmates and debate how suitable you think these alternative fuel sources might be for the future of vehicle transportation and Kaplanville.
- Later in the unit week, make a post that contains your vote for which alternative fuel source you believe Kaplanville should create a station for. Be sure to give a clear explanation for your choice.
In your posts this unit answer the following questions:
- How do telescopes collect and analyze data from stars?
- What can astronomers see in space using a telescope?
- What are two targets of space exploration?
- Can we live in space? On the moon or on Mars? Why or Why not?
- Countries across the globe launch satellites and other technology into outer space. Discuss the potential impact of space trash and how Earth can be impacted.
- What is the future of space exploration? Explain why you would or would not contribute to space tourism by buying a ticket for a trip to the moon?
For this unit, answer the following questions:
- Pick TWO of the following and describe how radiometric dating has been utilized to determine their age:
- Early man
- Historic relics (i.e., Dead Sea Scrolls, Shroud of Turin)
- Volcanic eruptions
- Identify one element used to date rocks and minerals. How long is its half-life?
- How can radioactivity be measured?
- Rocks, minerals, and even food we eat can contain radioactive material. Why doesn’t this radioactive material comprise a threat to humans?
- What is an alternative method to radiometric dating? What are the strengths and weaknesses to this type of dating process?
“Place this order or a similar order with Oline ProWriters and get an amazing discount”